Laghouat
Hello dear user, we will be honored to have you joining our community, so would you please register.We look forward to providing you with every thing you need to grow up your knowledge,Students in any section may use this forum to post questions about assignments, ask for advice or information, and to discuss general content related issues,We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot! To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you are not yet.....A special thanks, Admin.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Laghouat
Hello dear user, we will be honored to have you joining our community, so would you please register.We look forward to providing you with every thing you need to grow up your knowledge,Students in any section may use this forum to post questions about assignments, ask for advice or information, and to discuss general content related issues,We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot! To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you are not yet.....A special thanks, Admin.
Laghouat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Walk to Remember

3 posters

Go down

A Walk to Remember Empty A Walk to Remember

Post by Chinda Fri Jun 24 2011, 18:56

I have recently read a novel that I deem one of the best novels I have ever read, A Walk To Remember, of the American writer, Nickolas Sparks. In fact I had the inclination to read this novel from a friend of mine who loves it a lot and considers it the best novel he has ever read so that he made me love it even before reading it and induced me to read it from the way he talks about it.
The novel is a flash back of a story that happened forty years ago. It weaves the story of two teenagers, a boy whose name is Landon and a girl named Jamie who live a doleful yet wonderful love story.
The story is told by a fifty seven-year-old man, Landon, who recounts us the story of his life at the age of seventeen, the year that changed his life forever. He, at this age, remembers every detail and every tiny thing had happened forty years ago as if it was yesterday. He can retrieve all what happened when he was seventeen as if it didn’t elapse forty years.
Landon’s life changed forever at the age of seventeenth when he falls in love with Jamie. She is the unique girl of a baptism; she is a young girl who always tries to help the others and thinks of them even before herself. Her kindness and white, wide heart make her adorable for every one; she never meets any one without greeting him with a large smile. Her meekness can make an evil an angel in front of her.
Landon, with his friends, used to tease and poke fun at the way Jamie wears especially the brown sweater she always wears which he hates the most, and the way she wears her hair, besides the fact that she always holds her Bible; you never see her without seeing the Bible in her hands.
Though both of Jamie and Landon are living in the same street and going to the same school but Landon has never talked to her or admired her because she isn’t from the kind of girls he prefers and likes. He never expected that he will fall in love with a girl like Jamie Sullivan but he does without knowing that this love will be the love of his life and Jamie will be the girl who will change his life forever. The play he performs with her opens the door wide in his face to recognize how wonderful Jamie is and what a white heart she has, the thing that makes him falling deep in love with here. Weeks rotate, and each day passes by makes Landon loving Jamie more and more.
The new lovers live wonderful days, yet these days don’t last for long for Jamie is sick; she has leukemia since a year and she is still have just few months, if not few weeks, to live. Landon gets shock after hearing the bitter truth from his beloved’s mouth, yet that truth makes him understand many things and recognize how great girl is Jamie; though she is sick but she is always working on making the others around her happy and the party she organizes on the Christmas Day for the kids in the orphanage is a great proof for that.
Days rotate and Jamie’s sickness progresses to make her thin and weak until she becomes bedridden, but Landon continues visiting her every day to read the Bible for her and try to spend nice time together.

We get reading the novel waiting the day when Landon tells us that Jamie has gone but he surprises us at the end of the twelfth chapter by asking Jamie’s hand, an unexpected action that surprises the reader and throws him into a perplexity wondering whether Landon has taken the right choice or no, whether he does that out of pity or because he loves Jamie. But he, without any doubt, has chosen what his mind and heart tell him to do; marrying Jamie is a logic end for that great love. Landon, knowing that Jamie will die in few days, asks her hand and makes her dream to walk in the aisle come true. Though she is feeble and can hardly walk but Jamie prefers to walk down the aisle to marry Landon.
The story ends at the day when the two lovers get married, it was the most wonderful day in Landon’s life, the day that he will remember for the whole of his life and which will be the last memory that floats through his mind.
Chinda
Chinda

Back to top Go down

A Walk to Remember Empty Re: A Walk to Remember

Post by TheWolf Fri Jun 24 2011, 21:32

WOW!
Though I'm a wolf and hardly can be moved by love stories, but I confess that it is really wonderful LOVE STORY. I always believe that LOVE IS BLIND, and love isn't two bodies gathered, but two souls melt in each others...Anyway, thank you chinda for inform us about this novel, I'll try watch the movie inorder to make my heart softer Very Happy and uderstand in LOVE Very Happy ...

But mates, did you watch Letter to Juliet?
TheWolf
TheWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Chinda Sat Jun 25 2011, 21:29

Of course that I did watch it, and I'm still remembering what Lorenzo said after finding Claire; he said:" I went for a ride this morning as an old man and I came back as a teenager!"

And no need to tell you about the letter of Claire which she reads on her wedding day, the letter that Sophie sent her as a response of a letter Claire wrote 50 years ago:" Dear Claire, what and if are two words... put them together side by side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life; what if...what if...what if..."
Chinda
Chinda

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWolf Sun Jun 26 2011, 21:55

Oh yeah Chinda, Letter to Juliet is the most wonderful movie or story I've ever watched...In addition to Lorenzo saying " I went for a ride..." I also loved so much when Claire said " It's not him...it's not his eyes"

Ohhhh! mates, this movie sticks in my mind and running in my blood...and no need to tell you why..
. WHAT IF...WHAT IF............WHAT IIIIIIH
TheWolf
TheWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by flouna Mon Jul 04 2011, 14:37

Wolf, hhhhhhhhhhhh
Well, I watched A Walk To Remember, let say for 4/5/6 times!! lol It's an amazing story, looking forward reading the novel. For Nickolas Sparks, I like also "Dear John"!
"Letters To Julliet", I've nvr watched it, but I will nshAllah. Thank you Chiny for this nice post Wink
flouna
flouna

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWolf Mon Jul 04 2011, 19:49

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Flouna, just watch Letters to Juliet, you'll stop watching any love stories...I bet you that! I love that woman like helllll!
TheWolf
TheWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by flouna Mon Jul 04 2011, 20:07

eheheheheheh!!U love that woman??kon yesm3ok, w rak 3aref 3lamen rani wolffff! lol
flouna
flouna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down