Laghouat
Hello dear user, we will be honored to have you joining our community, so would you please register.We look forward to providing you with every thing you need to grow up your knowledge,Students in any section may use this forum to post questions about assignments, ask for advice or information, and to discuss general content related issues,We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot! To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you are not yet.....A special thanks, Admin.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Laghouat
Hello dear user, we will be honored to have you joining our community, so would you please register.We look forward to providing you with every thing you need to grow up your knowledge,Students in any section may use this forum to post questions about assignments, ask for advice or information, and to discuss general content related issues,We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot! To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you are not yet.....A special thanks, Admin.
Laghouat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 GREAT Novels

Go down

5 GREAT Novels Empty 5 GREAT Novels

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20 2011, 09:44

Hello, everyone. I thought it'd be nice to share with you 5 of my most great novels of all time! I loved reading every and each one of them. With every book, you get a certain feeling, you experience something new. New values, morals and principles that you can apply to your life! These novels tackle the most sensitive subjects and deal with them brilliantly: friendship, courage, love, corruption, revenge & forgiveness !
I hope you do enjoy my selection! I know most of you won't read those e-books ! I, for one, am not an e-book guy, I LOVE paper books, hardback I might add Razz. But I posted them, so you can get the titles and buy them Smile
Oh, sorry for any typing mistakes or the lousy grammar (I am only human, I do make mistakes). One more thing, if any of the links doesn't work, please PM me, and I'll make sure you get the book you want Smile Cheers xxx

Just CLICK on the pictures to download the books !

1- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Huck is a young, naive white boy fleeing from his drunken, dangerous Pa and Jim is a runaway slave longing to be reunited with his family. Flung together by circumstance, they journey down the Mississippi together on a log raft, each in search of his own definition of freedom. Their daring adventures along the way provide both entertainment and a satirical look at the moral values of the Deep South of the 1800s.
5 GREAT Novels 50108752

2- Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
First published in 1936, this book is a historical novel set against the dramatic backdrop of the American Civil War. It tells the love story of Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler.
5 GREAT Novels 23934246

3- Lord of The Rings (Contains The Hobbit, The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King) by J.R.R. Tolkien
Hobbits and wizards and Sauron--oh, my! Mild-mannered Oxford scholar John Ronald Reuel Tolkien had little inkling when he published The Hobbit; Or, There and Back Again in 1937 that, once hobbits were unleashed upon the world, there would be no turning back. Hobbits are, of course, small, furry creatures who love nothing better than a leisurely life quite free from adventure. But in that first novel and the Lord of the Rings trilogy, the hobbits Bilbo and Frodo and their elfish friends get swept up into a mighty conflict with the dragon Smaug, the dark lord Sauron (who owes much to proud Satan in Paradise Lost), the monstrous Gollum, the Cracks of Doom, and the awful power of the magical Ring. The four books' characters--good and evil--are recognizably human, and the realism is deepened by the magnificent detail of the vast parallel world Tolkien devised, inspired partly by his influential Anglo-Saxon scholarship and his Christian beliefs. (He disapproved of the relative sparseness of detail in the comparable allegorical fantasy his friend C.S. Lewis dreamed up in The Chronicles of Narnia, though he knew Lewis had spun a page-turning yarn.) It has been estimated that one-tenth of all paperbacks sold can trace their ancestry to J.R.R. Tolkien. But even if we had never gotten Robert Jordan's The Path of Daggers and the whole fantasy genre Tolkien inadvertently created by bringing the hobbits so richly to life, Tolkien's epic about the Ring would have left our world enhanced by enchantment. --Tim Appelo
5 GREAT Novels 32662833

4- Moby Dick by Herman Mellville
This classic story of high adventure, manic obsession, and metaphysical speculation was Melville's masterpiece. The tale of Captain Ahab's frantic pursuit of the cunning and notorious white whale Moby Dick, is packed with drama, and draws heavily on the author's own experiences on the high seas. This edition includes passages from Melville's correspondence with Nathaniel Hawthorne, in which the two discussed the philosophical depths of the novel's plot and imagery.

5 GREAT Novels 55920016

5- Persuasion by Jane Austen
At twenty-seven, Anne Elliot is no longer young and has few romantic prospects. Eight years earlier, she had been persuaded by her friend Lady Russell to break off her engagement to Frederick Wentworth, a handsome naval captain with neither fortune nor rank. What happens when they encounter each other again is movingly told in Jane Austen's last completed novel. Set in the fashionable societies of Lyme Regis and Bath, "Persuasion" is a brilliant satire of vanity and pretension, but, above all, it is a love story tinged with the heartache of missed opportunities.
5 GREAT Novels 83779559

Back to top Go down

5 GREAT Novels Empty Re: 5 GREAT Novels

Post by Admin Wed Dec 21 2011, 02:23

Splendid! Admirable! Thanks for coming through.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://theenglishclub-lag.forumalgerie.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21 2011, 07:10

Sure thing man. I'd be more than happy to participate and be active in here Very Happy You're welcome, cheers xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down